Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nothing for months, and now???

So, I've been gone again, lol.  This time around, I think I want to go in a different area.  I want to use this as a forum to try and make a difference.  I want to see if I can reach someone, anyone, and maybe make a difference in their life. On that note, let me get started:

I'm Rick.  I'm 38 years old, though I hardly act more than 12, lol.  I've lead an extremely chaotic life.  I've done things I'm not proud of, made mistakes, made bad decisions, good decisions, you name it.  I'm a proud father of 5.  Devoted husband to a beautiful wife who it only took me two divorces to find (hey, I said I've made mistakes!!!).  A recovering alcoholic who has been sober for almost five years now.  And most importantly, I'm a born-again Christian.  And this is how I'm attempting to make a difference.  You see, maybe if I talk at length about my past, about things I have put myself through, and how I found my way to God, maybe if I put the microscope on that, and how my life has changed since finding Christ, maybe that will be a catalyst for someone else to take a step. At least, that's my hope...At any rate, this should be therapeutic, right?

I started drinking in the summer before I started high school, at a party down the street from my parents' house.  I got so drunk, I don't know how I survived.  I managed to get busted by my mother, who chewed me a new one, yet didn't tell my dad.  I have no clue how much I actually drank that night, but I do know that it was a LOT.  I remember running head first into a light pole, and I remember drinking Scope because my alcohol fuddled brain informed me that it was actually creme de menthe.  And I remember my best friend/step-brothers' mom taking care of me, and telling me later of the comedy of watching me blowing bubbles in my drunkenness.  There's not much more to remember.  Of course, we're talking about something which happened over 25 years ago...Sadly, it would become much worse before it got better.

I have much more to discuss, but the hour is drawing late, and I have been typing for a good while.  I'm not too strong of a typist, so you can imagine how long this little bit has taken me, lol!  I do, however, promise that I will be back before the hump has fallen, and we'll get into this a lot deeper.

Good night, and I shall see you soon!!!
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment